[Seaside] getting to the state of the previous continuation

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 10:21:58 UTC 2010

Hi Johan,

That sounds a bit strange. We don't currently maintain back pointers
to the previous continuation - I suppose we could consider doing so as
long as they were weak references (so they can still expire from the
cache and get GC'ed). Perhaps that's the approach you should take in
your subclassed continuations?

If you are able to elaborate a bit more on what you're trying to
accomplish I might have a higher level idea for a good approach, but
from what you've said, subclassing the continuations to maintain a
weak back pointer seems like the best solution.

Julian