[Seaside] Re: seaside and yui

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Jun 9 14:57:36 UTC 2010

sergio_101 wrote:
> unfortunately, the project i was previously working on was not a good
> match for seaside.. i struggled with a lot of the aspects for a very
> long time, and finally decided that the project was more of a web SITE
> than a web APP.. in that case, i ended up putting the whole project to
> bed, and writing it all in ruby on rails in a 24 hour code sprint.

I find it curious that your needs were for a "web SITE", rather than a
"web APP", and yet you ended up using ruby on rails. I was under the
impression that RoR was for web APP's too. Were you just more familiar
with how to get a SITE done with RoR, or was there something about
Seaside that made a SITE difficult to produce?

> if anyone would like me to write up an extended explanation on my
> blog, i would be happy to.. i just don't want my impedance mismatch to
> be construed as a slam on seaside.. let me know if you would like me
> to write that up..

Blog if you want, but I find blogs a bad medium for back and forth
discussion. I think the best place to post your experience is this
mailing list.