[Seaside] MADescriptionEditor to magritte description?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 22:42:00 UTC 2010

On 11 June 2010 23:57, Marco Schmidt <Marco.Schmidt at taugamma.de> wrote:
> I'm refactoring my hand-made seaside-forms to automagically generated forms
> through magritte2. Two days ago I found the MADescriptionEditor to edit an
> dynamic model (instance of MAAdaptiveModel).
> My question is:
> Is there a way to transfer the description build with MADescriptionEditor
> into a static description in my model class? My use case is to use
> MADescriptionEditor as an low tech model builder and use the information
> from the created description to add descriptionXXX- methods to my model
> class programatically.
> Has someone done something like this already?

Magritte itself does not come with code that generates Smalltalk
methods, although that could quite trivially be added. I suspect the
Scaffolding project of Gerhard has some code that does that, but I am
not sure.

I've never used MADescriptionEditor as a development tool, but as a
tool to let end-users customize their application. Thus the
descriptions never ended up in code but inside a database. That's
however not set into stone, I definitely think it would be a good idea
to have some automatic description to code transformation.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch