[Seaside] handling expired sessions

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Jun 16 18:51:16 UTC 2010

I've got a problem with expired sessions. If I have a component like
the one below and the session expires, then clicking on the red box
does nothing. No error message, no redisplay, nothing that the user
can see. What's a good way to let the user know what's going on here?

TIA,
Bob

'From PharoCore1.0rc1 of 19 October 2009 [Latest update: #10505] on 16
June 2010 at 1:52:05 pm'!
WAComponent subclass: #BobTestComponent
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'Bob001'!

!BobTestComponent methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'Bob
6/16/2010 13:51'!
renderContentOn: html

	| div |

	(div := html div)
		style: 'height: 44px; width: 65px; background-color: red;';
		id: 'bob001';
		onClick: (html scriptaculous evaluator
			callback: [ :script |
				self replaceIt: script
			];
			return: false);
		with: [html text: 'aaa']
! !

!BobTestComponent methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'Bob
6/16/2010 13:33'!
replaceIt: script

	script element
		id: 'bob001';
		replace: [ :html |
			html div
				style: 'height: 44px; width: 65px; background-color: green;';
				id: 'bob001';
				with: [html text: 'two']
		].
! !