[Seaside] handling expired sessions

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 13:43:09 UTC 2010

2010/6/17 Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at angband.za.org>:
> On 2010/06/17 09:04, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
>>
>> MySession>>expire
>>   super expire.
>>   self redirectTo: 'http://yoursiteaddress'
>>
>> to redisplay an expired session.
>
> That's been deprecated.

Yes, in 3.0 which is not yet the stable version as you may read in
http://www.seaside.st/download/pharo

> The deprecation notice says this:
>
> "This method might be reimplemented again. In the meantime, if you just want
> to remove the Session from the Application, use WASession>>unregister
> (#unregistered will be called as a notification instead of #expired).
> Otherwise you should consider adding a Request Filter to the Session that
> implements whatever behaviour you want in order to block access to the
> Session."
>
> (No, I'm afraid I can't yet turn that into more meaningful advice!)

(right, a pointer explaining how to add a Request Filter would be nice)

>From http://www.seaside.st/documentation/migration/28to30

"The session cache on WAApplication has been made pluggable so expiry
behaviour is no longer contained within WASession  itself. Methods
like #lastAccess, #secondsSinceLastAccess, #timeoutSeconds,
#timeoutSeconds:, and #isActive  currently do not exist. We are
thinking about how best to provide this functionality in later alpha
releases but in the meantime you will have to do without them.
Sessions will also now receive #unregistered  rather than #expired
when they are removed from the cache."

Cheers,

Hernán