[Seaside] jQuery ajax: Combining passengers with script

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:49:24 UTC 2010

> If I do this I cannot use the passenger in the script-generating code. Of
> course, I could save the sent passenger in an instance variable and use that
> instance variable in the script: callback. But this solution needs two ajax
> requests. I would prefer one that does it in one request.

No, that's just one AJAX request. A single request can trigger an
unlimited amount of secondary callbacks (value callbacks), only the
primary callback is limited to one (#callback:, #html:, #script:) as
it generates a response.

Also you could use a temporary variable instead of an instance
variable, if you do not want to preserve the passengers beyond the
rendering method.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli