[Seaside] Re: IIS as proxy server

louis andriese landriese at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 21:08:11 UTC 2010

radoslav hodnicak <rh <at> 4096.sk> writes:

> Not sure if anyone is using IIS for serving seaside, but you could google
> for recipes using ruby/rails with IIS, the instructions should be nearly
> identical (i.e. they both need IIS to act as a proxy). If you figure it
> out, please post instructions here for future reference
>
> rado
>
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, harji gill wrote:
>
> > Can any help my how can I use IIS as proxy server for seaside.
> >
> > Thanks

Radoslav,

You need an isapi plugin for mimicking the proxy and reversed proxy behaviour
of apache. That way you can redirect to seaside running on some local port,
and you can split of static (css served by iis) and dynamic (seaside) content.

We use isapi_rewrite from helicontech (http://www.helicontech.com), and it's
been working perfect for us for some years now. It's not free, however. There
are free alternatives, just google a bit.

Kind regards,

Louis