[Seaside] Re: [Pharo-project] [Esug-list] Google Summer Of Code 2010 news!!!

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Sat Mar 6 14:41:48 UTC 2010

On 03/06/2010 02:22 PM, Lawson English wrote:
> Does the CObject FFI allow you to do what F_script does and examine the
> entire object tree written in Cocoa? That would at least for Macs, give
> you a full blown GUI external to the Squeak desktop.

You _can_ write an Objective-C binding using CObject (as in, it's been
done).  The painful part is converting NSArray <-> Array and NSString
<-> String.

However, nice-looking bindings will always have a part written in C that
will be VM-dependent, which is why I put this project last.  It is much
less useful than it looks.

Paolo