[Seaside] WATextInputTag & (deprecated) #exampleText:

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 20:19:55 UTC 2010

> >   2) What was wrong with the original implementation?
>
> - It introduces a Smalltalk Javascript dependency into the core.
> - It introduces a Javascript dependency into the core.
> - It uses custom/hardcoded Javascript code.

Ok makes sense

> >   3) Is there a better way of achieving a similar result in jQuery?
>
> For one of these existing JQuery libraries there is even a Seaside
> wrapper, which is probably the first jQuery wrapper written for
> Seaside ever: <http://www.squeaksource.com/jqueryplugins>.

Thanks for the pointer. I really should explore before I start coding...
I also discovered that FormExample has been updated with a later library in
JQueryWidgetBox. For anyone else who is listening you can download it with:

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'JQueryWidgetBox';
package: 'JQWidgetBox-Core';
package: 'JQWidgetBox-Dev';
package: 'JQWidgetBox-FormExample-Core';
package: 'JQWidgetBox-FormExample-Dev';
load.
JQWidgetExample initialize.

or:

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox) project version: '1.0')
load: 'JQWidgetBox-FormExample-Core';
load: 'JQWidgetBox-FormExample-Dev'.

and browse to: http://localhost:8080/jquery-widgets/formexample

Thanks again