[Seaside] LAST CHANCE Foreing Function Interface GSOC [WAS] Re: [smalltalk-research] Re: [Esug-list] Google Summer Of Code 2010 news!!!

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 18:18:22 UTC 2010

Tomorrow morning we will be submitting...so, for this project, we only have
this proposal:

Work on a cross-dialect foreign function call interface and implement it in
at least two dialects.  Candidates include Alien and GNU Smalltalk's CObject
(using existing implementation has the advantage of having to implement in
only _one_ other dialect!).  Bonus points for implementing a C parser that
would be able to construct bindings.  GNU Smalltalk already contains a C
preprocessor implementation.
There is some support for parsing C headers in the Newspeak system. Aliens
have been ported to Strongtalk as well as Squeak.

The mentor will be John McIntosh and Gilad Brancha co-mentor.

Can this proposal be more complete and have similar structure to the rest ?
If true, send me the proposal.

Check http://gsoc2010.esug.org/ideas.html

Cheers

Mariano