[Seaside] running my squeak image online...

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 08:13:28 UTC 2010

> 1) I think that to start seaside in 8080 in Linux, you have to do it with
> root access. Can you try with another port ?

Normally only root access is required for ports between 0 and 1024.

>> the only thing i am having trouble with is having my VM respond to
>> requests..

There are some instructions how to debug (useable even if you don't
use daemontools to run it in the background):

http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment/deployment-apache/run-vm

By far the most common problems for not responding VMs are:

- missing .sources or .changes file
- wrong permissions of .image, .changes or .sources file

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch