[Seaside] listen on a single ip

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Sun Mar 28 01:04:53 UTC 2010

We run Seaside 3 in production on GLASS where we proxy all requests to
Seaside from nginx.
The production machine has many ip addresses on it. As an example, it
might have something like

127.0.0.1
192.168.1.1
192.168.1.2
etc

where all the 192.168.1.* ips are public facing.

Each port that seaside is available on, is available on all ips.
Instead of having to go through
the proxy, you can connect directly to swazoo by going to 192.168.1.1:9001.

I've done a patch for GLASS that allows you to specify a specific ip
address to listen on
rather than all interfaces. It requires a change to the Seaside-Core
swazoo adapter.
I'd like to get that change into Seaside so I don't have to worry
about mainting the changes.

What is the best way to go about submitting the change ( I have a .mcz
of the changes from a couple
months ago )? And are there other adapters I should make the same
changes to for Seaside 3?