[Seaside] Re: [squeak-dev] IWST 2010 Call for Papers

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 18:35:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Yanni Chiu <yanni at rogers.com> wrote:

> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> One of the reasons I created smalltalk-research at googlegroups.com <mailto:
>> smalltalk-research at googlegroups.com> was exactly not having to do this ;)
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Michael Haupt <mhaupt at gmail.com <mailto:
>> mhaupt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    * Apologies for multiple copies. *
>>
>>    Call for Papers
>>
>>    International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies (IWST) 2010
>>
>>    co-located with European Smalltalk User Group Conference (ESUG)
>>    Barcelona, Spain, September 11-17, 2010
>>
>>  [... rest deleted ...]
>

> Huh? Not do what? Receive multiple copies?

No. I even don't receive multiples copies. Gmail is intelligent.
What I mean is having not to copy all mailing list if something more
research oriented.

> Since I'm not subscribed to smalltalk-research at googlegroups.com, how would
> I have heard about this, if the announcement were not posted to a group I am
> subscribed to.

I am agree.

> IMHO, further discussion about research papers being proposed or about
> those papers submitted, could be done on the smalltalk-research mailing
> list.

Agree too.

> The announcement certainly belongs on all the various lists, just like the
> GSoC ended up all over the place.

More or less. Depends what you consider research. But someone may consider
GSoC has nothing to do with research, so, why to publish there? But on the
other hand, IWST is research.

Cheers

mariano