[Seaside] I have installed the Seaside 'One Click Image' and Pharo 1.0

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun May 2 15:10:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader at gmail.com>wrote:

> Running Pharo1.0 with saside-3.0a5
>
> I take the downloaded image and changes and stored it in the Pharo1.0
> folder - I change the pharo.sh script to point to the Seaside as given
> below:
> <code>
> exec "$EXE/squeak" -plugins "$EXE" \
>   -encoding latin1 \
>   -vm-display-X11   \
>   "$RES/Seaside-3.0a5.image"
> ###exec "$EXE/squeak" -plugins "$EXE" \
> ###    -encoding latin1 \
> ###    -vm-display-X11   \
> ###    "$RES/Pharo-1.0.image"
> </code>
> When I use the seaside image, there is no eCompletion and the source pane's
> appearance does not change when I make changes.
> If I use the image from pharo, all works Ok, but Seaside is 2.8.

This is correct:  I will explain you: Pharo has 2 important things: a core
(those images are called PharoCore) and a set of tools to developers (those
images are called PharoDev).

When you download Pharo from the pharo website, you are downloading a
PharoDev image that contains not only the core, but also all the development
tools (autocompletion, omnibrowser, refactorings, etc).  The image that you
download from Seaside website, is based on Pharo, but in Pharo core, and
they install the tools they want. So, this may be a little different from
the PharoDev image. If you are used to Pharo, my suggestion is that you
download Pharo from the website and then install seaside.  To do that,
search in the mailing for this day as Sean said.

But basically, just evaluate:

(Smalltalk at: #Gofer) new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside';
    load.

and then:

ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Seaside 3.0'.

Cheers

Mariano