[Seaside] Many VM push using Comet?

Richard Durr richard.durr at googlemail.com
Mon May 3 15:52:47 UTC 2010

Hello everybody,

I have a design related question.

Situation: I want to create a Comet-based Application that allows
users do edit dataobjects that are stored in an collection. Users can
form groups. Each group has one of those collections. When a user logs
in, he can change the dataobjects of his group using ajax and see the
changes using comet that other users make to other dataobjects of his
group.

Problem: Having all of this in one vm is not a problem, because I can
push the changes directly when they are made. However, when I have
many many users, I need to split the load to a few different vms. Then
some users of a group might be on a different vm than other users of
the same group. How is it possible to let the users on one vm see the
changes the users on another vm make to the dataobjects then?

Possible Solution: I suppose I need some sort of shared / distributed
notification center where I can post that an object has changed and
that informs the different vms that this happened so that they can
push the changes using Comet.

Can anybody offer advice? Any help would be appreciated.
^^
RD