[Seaside] Lightbox in Firefox (Lukas?)

Mortensen Sigrid E. sigrid at selfhelpsoftware.com
Tue May 4 12:23:12 UTC 2010

Firebug is not giving me any errors.

I am including SULibrary.   Note that this is working fine in Safari.

After a little more investigation, I found this:
> Notes
>
> Element.show cannot display elements hidden via CSS stylesheets. Note that this is not a Prototype limitation but a consequence of how the CSS display property works.

on the website http://www.prototypejs.org/api/element/show

Perhaps this was addressed in a later version of the Scriptaculous Seaside library, and I need to upgrade.

And, by way of further information, taking out the "style: 'display: none';" line really makes both Safari and Firefox behave the same way.  The lightbox shows up, but the overlay doesn't cover the height of the full screen if the screen is narrower than a certain width.  I think it's trying to scroll the whole screen up somehow.  The lightbox is higher than center, and the overlay doesn't reach the bottom of the screen.

Clearly this is more of an issue with Prototype and Scriptaculous than with Seaside, so I need to find some way to debug the Prototype (e.g., to see what Position.windowBounds() is giving me at both screen sizes).

-- Sigrid.