[Seaside] JMeter, Seaside, Forms

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed May 5 05:59:43 UTC 2010

>> The issue it not so much with the form elements, I think, but with the
>> callbacks. When you register a callback, it is assigned a unique key
>> (using
>> #nextId as you mention). That key needs to be the id of the form element
>> in
>> order for it to be triggered. I don't think you can easily specify custom
>> callback keys.
>
> It seems to me that the callback key is set as the #name of the form element
> rather than the #id of the form element.  Is that what should be happening?
>  If so I'll attempt your suggestion below.  And if the #id of the element is
> already supposed to be unique on the page, why not just use it as the
> callback key?

'name' and 'id' have an entirely different purpose. The 'name' is
given to a form element and appears as the key in the post headers.
The 'id' is given to DOM elements and used to identify them using
Javascript, CSS, ...

Normally tools like JMeter should be able to address forms fields
using their id, not their name. At least this is what Selenium does.

> JMeter is like Selenium in that you can program it to submit forms or click
> links or whatever in an order you specify.  It can record and execute AJAX
> calls as well, but not mouse movements like drag-and-drop. The difference
> between the two is that Selenium actually controls a browser, and JMeter
> just sends the requests and delays as you specify. Because of this JMeter
> requires fewer resources to create a higher server load for load testing.
>  Miguel Coba wrote a blog post about using it with seaside here:
> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx/index.php/2009/10/02/deploying-seaside-load-testing-results/

Several people have been using JMeter back around 2005. You might find
some help in the mailing-list archive.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli