[Seaside] Sending e-mails

AxiNat tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
Wed May 5 06:53:04 UTC 2010

Okay, this is what I found so far (example in SMTPClient):

self deliverMailFrom: 'm.rueger at acm.org' to: #('m.rueger at acm.org') text:
'Subject: this is a test

Hello from Pharo!
'    usingServer: 'smtp.concentric.net'

I tried that using my own smtp server, but it requires authentication and
doesn't let the e-mail go through. If I try it with a local sendmail daemon,
my guess is that the message is gonna end up in the spam folder of most
people... I remember at university we had this exercises consisting on
sending e-mails through sendmail and straight via telnet, and they would end
up classified as spam, I'm not sure whether this is the same case tho...

Does someone have further information on that patch that allows
authentication?

Thanks!