[Seaside] [3.0] Adding param to URL on session expiry?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (YVR) boris at deepcovelabs.com
Wed May 5 12:20:30 UTC 2010

I'd like to addParameter: 'expired' to the redirect URL when sessions
expire, is there a clean way of customizing the URL on the subclass of
WAResponseGenerator without copy-pasting the whole body of #expiredKey?
I'm thinking of,

                | url |

                self request isXmlHttpRequest

                                ifTrue: [ ^ self forbidden ].

                url := WAUrl new.

                url addAllToPath: self request url path.

                self expiryPathOn: url.

                url takeServerParametersFromRequest: self request.

                self request isGet ifTrue: [

                                self request fields keysAndValuesDo: [
:key :value |

                                                (url isSeasideField:

[ url addField: key value: value ] ] ].

                self response redirectTo: url

Then you'd only need to add your own,

MyOwnResponseGenerator>>expiryPathOn: url

                url addParameter: 'expired'

Perhaps I'd overlooked some other way of achieving this w/o modifying

DeepCove Labs Ltd.

+1 (604) 689-0322

4th floor, 595 Howe Street

Vancouver, British Columbia

Canada V6C 2T5

PacNet Services (Europe) Ltd.

+353 (0)61 714-360

Shannon Airport House, SFZ

County Clare, Ireland

This email is intended only for the persons named in the message header.
Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is private and
confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
and delete the entire message including any attachments.

Thank you.