[Seaside] Re: Internet Explorer 8 does not support seaside lightbox-dialog

Harjinder harji.gill at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:43:43 UTC 2010

Lukas Renggli <renggli <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If that's a valid fix (and does not break other browsers) it would be
> great if one could create an issue in the bug tracker.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> On 10 May 2010 18:16, Mortensen Sigrid E. <sigrid <at> selfhelpsoftware.com>
wrote:
> > Check out my fix under the thread Lightbox in Firefox.
> >
> > In a nutshell: it may not be IE; it may be a bug in lightbox.    Try
commenting out the line
> >        style: 'display: none';
> > in SULightbox>>renderContentOn:
> >
> > and add the line
> >        window.scrollTo(0,0);
> >
> > in the center: function of the SULightbox>>script method.
> >
> > Let me know if it works.  I haven't tested this fix in IE yet.
> >
> > -- Sigrid.
> >
> > On May 7, 2010, at 7:21 AM, harji gill wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Internet Explorer 8 does not support seaside lightbox-dialog. Does anyone
know any solution for this.
> >> Actually I have used it in my webapplication and its not working in IE 8
not even the seaside examples of
> lightbox-dialog working in IE 8.
> >>
> >> Thanks

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your help... I have changed the code as you have mentioned. It does
shows the lightbox in IE 8 but not as popup but display it at bottom of the page
and I can hardly see it fully. It removes the scroll bars on page.

I don't have any problem runnig it in Firfox. It works fine in firfox problem is
only with IE-8.

I am also facing one more problem in IE-8 that drop-down Onchange event does not
work. Even I can't figure out where I can see javascript errors in IE-8.

Thanks
Harjinder