[Seaside] 302 error after 10 selections.

Timothy James Ziebart timothy at churchmilitant.org
Wed May 12 00:06:52 UTC 2010

Lukas, I do have one question with regards to jQuery as it pertains to
this problem.  If I have a setup as follows:

renderContentOn: html

html div id: 'one'
     self renderSelections: html.
     self renderResultsOn: html

renderSelections: html

     listboxA
     listboxB
     listboxC

renderResultsOn: html

     componentA

In the above scenario I need a selection from listboxA to alter the
contents of listboxB listboxC and ComponentA

For the listboxes I have

html select
      callback: [:value | self setupVariables: value];
     onChange: (jQuery id: 'one') load serializeThis;
     html: [:r | self renderSelections: r. self renderResultsOn: r]

I was not sure if this was good practice or not.  I need the callback to
modify a number of variables required to update the listbox contents and
componentA before they are rendered.  Could this contribute to the 302
error?

On 10-05-11 04:28 PM, Timothy James Ziebart wrote:
> I'll see what I can do.   I need to meet a project deadline so it will
> be a few days before I can get back to this.
>
> On 10-05-11 03:08 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> That looks good as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Can you post a small 10-click reproducible code example?
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 11 May 2010 23:42, Timothy James
>> Ziebart<timothy at churchmilitant.org>  wrote:
>>> Thanks Lukas,  I attached a screen capture of firebug.  I am not
>>> sure if this is adequate.  Sorry for my lack of understanding.
>>>

>>> On 10-05-11 02:22 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>>
>>> AFAIK the page cache normally keeps 10 requests.
>>>
>>> However AJAX requests should go into the current page cache, thus that
>>> cannot expire. Check with FireBug or a similar tool that all request
>>> that don't do a full refresh share the same _k key with the current
>>> page. If not, I suspect that there is something wrong with your AJAX
>>> code.
>>>
>>> Lukas
>>>
>>> On 11 May 2010 23:15, Timothy James
>>> Ziebart<timothy at churchmilitant.org>  wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> strange problem.  I have a form with 3 list boxes.  BoxA updates
>>> BoxB and
>>> BoxC dynamically.  I am using jQuery to serialize and reload the boxes.
>>> This is the problem:
>>>
>>> After having made the 10th selection in any of the boxes I get a 302
>>> message
>>> from the server and the dispatcher page is displayed in place of the
>>> list
>>> boxes.  Only on the 10th selection. It does not appear to matter how