[Seaside] Re: Internet Explorer 8 does not support seaside lightbox-dialog

Harjinder harji.gill at gmail.com
Thu May 13 15:13:08 UTC 2010

Mortensen Sigrid E. <sigrid <at> selfhelpsoftware.com> writes:

> Did you include the
> 	window.scrollTo(0,0);
> line to the center function?
>
> Mine was showing up at the bottom of the FF screen until I added that line.
>
> -- Sigrid.
>

> Thanks for your help... I have changed the code as you have mentioned. It
doesshows the lightbox in IE 8 but not as popup but display it at bottom of the
pageand I can hardly see it fully. It removes the scroll bars on page.

> l>

Hi Sigrid,

Thanks for your reply

I have made the following changes

renderContentOn: html
	self renderOwnerOn: html.
	html div id: 'overlay'.
	html div
		id: 'lightbox';
		"style: 'display: none';"
		with: self delegate.
	self session addLoadScript: self lighter

center: function(element) {
		element = $(element);
		var extent = Element.getDimensions(element);
		var bounds = Position.windowBounds();
		var x = (bounds[0] - extent.width) / 2;
		var y = (bounds[1] - extent.height) / 2;
		x = x < 0 ? 0 : x; y = y < 0 ? 0 : y;
		window.scrollTo(0,0);
		element.style.position = "absolute";
		element.style.left = x + "px";
		element.style.top = y + "px";
	}

is this correct Sigrid?

I think you were facing problem in firefox. I don't have any problem in Firefox
browser even I don't make above changes. Only its breaking in IE8.

Thanks
Harjinder