[Seaside] Seaside 3 : WASystemConfiguration comments refer to WAConfigurationAttribute

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat May 15 12:00:18 UTC 2010

2010/5/13 Rick Flower <rickf at ca-flower.com>:
> but I do not see a WAConfigurationAttributes class in my Seaside 3.0alpha5
> installation (vw7.7nc).. The close (in name anyway) classes are :
>
> WAConfiguration
> WAConfigurationBrowser
> WAConfigurationDescription
> WAConfigurationElement
>
> Ok.. I perused the Squeak version of the Seaside 3.0 code and found
> there's
> a class called WAAttribute.. The comments in that class even refer to the
> class as WAConfigurationAttribute.. I guess it got renamed..
>
> If someone has write access to the Seaside 3.0 code, can we get these
> references adjusted in the comments to steer people in the right direction
> please?  I'd do it if I had access but I dont..

The class comment now reads:

You should subclass WASystemConfiguration to define new attributes.
The method #describeOn: is passed an instance of
WAConfigurationDescription which can be used to create new attributes.
The attributes can be configured to specify their default value,
label, and so on. See the methods on WAAttribute and its subclasses to
see what options are available.

If a configuration needs to override the value of another
WASystemConfiguration or depends on its attributes, implement the
method "parents", returning a collection of configuration objects.

WASystemConfiguration subclasses are "read-only" in that their
attributes, parents, and default values are all specified in code.
Users and applications that want to configure values for attributes
should create a WAUserConfiguration and specify the
WASystemConfiguration in its ancestry.

WASystemConfiguration classes are singleton. You should use #instance
on the class side to get the current instance. You cannot call #copy
on a WASystemConfiguration.

Subclasses should implement the following messages:
	describeOn:

They may also want to implement:
	parents

Cheers