[Seaside] Serving files in a quick yet secure way

AxiNat tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
Mon May 17 09:40:10 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm coding an app that will have to deal with quite a handful of pretty big
files in a daily basis.

So far, for prototyping, I've been using a WAFileLibrary, but it's becoming
more and more clear to me that this is the wrong approach, because it takes
forever to add/delete a file from the library and the application will have
to be deployed soon for real life usage.

The apache solution is not valid in my case, cos these files MUST be
inaccessible via the browser, so I've been asking, reading and googleing
quite a lot until I came across WAExternalFileLibrary and WAFileDirectory.

I've created a new WAFileDirectory from the dispatcher config, but now I
don't know what to do with it, I've been looking for documentation but I
can't find it anywhere. Is this already usable or should I be taking a
different approach?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bernat Romagosa.