[Seaside] Serving files in a quick yet secure way

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon May 17 16:44:33 UTC 2010

> I've created a new WAFileDirectory from the dispatcher config, but now I
> don't know what to do with it, I've been looking for documentation but I
> can't find it anywhere. Is this already usable or should I be taking a
> different approach?

Going through the image will always be slower and use lots of memory
compared to using an external web-server for the file-serving.

You might want to look at MAExternalFileModel in Magritte. It uses
randomized URLs that can be served efficiently through Apache/Lighty
and gives you the possibility to control who can access the files by
exposing the URL or not. I've been using this mechanism successfully
in many (commercial) applications (including Pier).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch