[Seaside] Serving files in a quick yet secure way

AxiNat tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
Tue May 18 02:15:58 UTC 2010

Thanks all,

I finally solved it by using WAFileDirectory, its usage is so simple it
didn't occur to me it could work like that!

After talking to the client it seems it's no big deal if the files can be
accessed from the browser (I thought it would be), as you would still need
to know their exact path, and these tend to be pretty cryptic in their
case... Still, if a file leaked it'd be strictly inside the organisation.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the options, I'll consider them if I ever come
across the same problem again!

Going off-topic, I've got to say that small communities are the ones with
the best "live" support. I mean, where else do you get answers to your
particular problems from the people whose books you've been reading?

Bernat Romagosa.