[Seaside] [Fwd: Re: [Moose-dev] Re: why Glamour configuration is loading Refactoring and all the rest?]

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Fri May 28 23:01:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com> wrote:
> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Julian Fitzell
>> <jfitzell at gmail.com<mailto:jfitzell at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Yes, Magritte uses Grease for portability. Grease loads Slime by
>> default. Slime needs RB.
>>
>> The correct answer is that Grease should *not* load Slime by default.
>>

>> Just curious, why Smile requires RB???
>>
>> Julian
>
> Julian,
>
> The RefactoringBrowser config loads these packages:
>
>  'AST-Core' 'Refactoring-Core' 'Refactoring-Spelling' 'AST-Semantic'
>
> There's no dependence upon OB or any other project in the RefactoringBrowser
> config, so "Browser" in the name, might be a bit misleading ... the
> repository is http://www.squeaksource.com/rb and is named 'Refactoring
> Browser' and then there's the project description in SqueakSource:
>
>  This repository only contains the model of the refactoring engine, it
>  includes no GUI integration. Load OB-Refactory for a complete
>  integration into OmniBrowser.
>
> So Slime is use the refactoring engine ... which I think makes sense.

Hi Dale,

That was bad quoting on someone's part as that question was not from
me but from Mariano. :)

As you say, Slime depends on the refactoring engine, not the UI. But
that doesn't change my point, nor Doru's question. I still don't think
that loading Grease should require you to load the refactoring engine.
I'm pretty sure Slime should be in its own Metacello package
("package"? yes?).

Julian