[Seaside] concatenate JS assignments in script generation

Johan Brichau Johan.Brichau at uclouvain.be
Mon May 31 08:34:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm a bit puzzled with one of the JSScript features in Seaside 3.0.

I'm trying to generate something like the following javascript:

var1 = function() { ... };
var2 = function() { .... };

Using the following Seaside code:

script1 := ( ... ) asFunction assignTo: 'var1'.
script2 := ( ... ) asFunction assignTo: 'var2'.

^ script1 , script2

However, the concatenation in the return puts all statements of script2 into the body of script1, rather than concatenate the assignments. The result is thus:

var1 = function() { .... ; var2 = function() {...} }

Variables script1 and script2 indeed contain a JSFunction object which is decorated with a JSAssign. So I must be missing something on how this decoration is supposed to work.
Hope somebody can help me :-)

cheers!

Johan Brichau
johan.brichau at uclouvain.be