[Seaside] a problem using javascript goto and jquery and some complex stuff

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 00:09:50 UTC 2010

Hi,
I have a problem dealing with some ajax renderization... I have
something like this:

	html anchor
		onClick: (html javascript
			goto: (html jQuery get
				callback: [ self show: tabsComponent ];
				fullUrl));
		with: 'goto blah'.

of course, this is not my real need, just a simplified version :)

and whenever the callback is executed, it just renders a blank page...
but if I change the #show: for #call:, the new component is rendered
correctly... I think this is not correct, because same behavior is
happening in other contexts (for example, I want to execute a callback
after render a confirmation dialog, something like this:

	| dialogId |
	dialogId := html nextId.
	self canvas div id: dialogId.
	self canvas script: (html jQuery new dialog
		id: dialogId;
		html: someComponent;
		title: 'Title;
		width: 600;
		addButton: 'Accept' do: (html javascript
			goto: (html jQuery get
				callback: [
					"This is fake code, but shows what I need :)"
					self doSomethingLikeRemoveARow.
					self refreshReport ];
				fullUrl));
		addButton: 'Cancel' do: html jQuery new dialog close;
		resizable: false;
		modal: true
		autoOpen: true).

again, this is a simplified version of something I do for reef, but it
shows more or less what I want... and I get a blank page all the time...

Any idea how to solve this?

Cheers,
Esteban