[Seaside] Seaside: Jquery cascade messages

Bart Gauquie bart.gauquie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:09:38 UTC 2010

Dear list,

I'm stuck at trying to do a cascade of messages on a jquery instance:
I want to do something like this:

$('<li id="newhere"><input type="checkbox" /><span
  .hide().prependTo('#container').slideDown("slow");

so some text, hide it, prepend to some container using some effect.

what I've already got is:

(html unorderedList)
   id: 'tweets';
   script:
	((html jQuery ajax script: [ :s | s << (s jQuery html:  [ :r | self
renderTweetsOn: r ]) prependTo: (s jQuery id: #tweets)];
	interval: 10 seconds));
   with: [ self renderTweetsOn: html ]]

which just prepends without the effect.

If I update this to:
	((html jQuery ajax script: [ :s | s << (s jQuery html:  [ :r | self
renderTweetsOn: r ]) hide; prependTo: (s jQuery id: #tweets)];
slideDown: 'slow';

it fails with error:

that JSScript>>prependTo: does not exist.
meaning that the hide message send returned a JSScript object instead
of a JQueryInstance (which is what I expected to happen).

Any way to solve this?

Thanks for any pointers.

Kind Regards,

Bart

--
imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere -