[Seaside] "Semi global" Comet?

AxiNat tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 23:35:30 UTC 2010

Hi list!

We're coding an app in which we need some info to be updated at real time,
so I started to digg into Comet.

Our problem is that the data to update is not 100% global, instead each user
sees and modifies different parts of the objects in the database, and
different users share different data with different sets of users. All
examples and tutorials (including the one in the Seaside book) deal with
applications that share the same view and behaviour for all users at the
same time, and I'm feeling pretty unable to find an elegant solution to this
particular problem.

Is there any common best practice to handle this? I can only think of
awfully ugly (and predictably slow as hell) ways to implement it...

Thanks!

Bernat Romagosa.