[Seaside] making a read-only checkbox

Diogenes Moreira diogenes.moreira at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 11:53:12 UTC 2010

Here the net, not only the fish...
The next when you need knows a property in a seaside object, take a
look to WAHtmlCanvas and WARenderCanvas, in that objects methods
seaside builds the htmls components. In your case, in your case the
object whon represent to checkbox is WACheckboxTag.
Otherwise, if the standars object don't have the properties/messages
(that is very extrange, but may be happend) that you need, you can use
message attributesAt:put: to set an other properties

Best Regards

2010/11/15, Gilles Schtickzelle <gschtick at gmail.com>:
> Ah yes thank you!
>
> I had tried to add a 'disabled: true' but apparently I put it at the wrong
> place and it wasn't working.
> Now it's all good thanks.
>
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Nick Ager <nick.ager at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Giles,
>>
>> I have a form with a bunch of checkboxes. I want some of them to be
>>> disabled depending on wether some other are checked or not.
>>> I just can't figure out how to make a read-only checkbox (so that it
>>> would
>>> still show but would be greyed out).
>>

>> Try:
>>
>> html checkbox
>>  value: true;
>> disabled: true;
>> with: 'a disabled checkbox'
>>

>> #disabled: works for all form elements.
>>

>>> Is there such a thing in seaside (optimally with jquery so they can be
>>> updated on the fly when the user check/uncheck a box).
>>>

>> html checkbox
>>  id: #myDisabledCheckbox;
>> value: true;
>> disabled: true;
>>  with: 'a disabled checkbox'.
>>  html checkbox
>>  value: true;
>> onClick: ((html jQuery: #myDisabledCheckbox) attributeAt: 'checked' put:
>> (html jQuery this attributeAt: 'checked'));
>>  with: 'mirror the other checkbox'
>>

>> To put this example together I Googled 'jQuery checkbox' - found
>> http://www.electrictoolbox.com/check-uncheck-checkbox-jquery/ then
>> translated the result into Seaside jQuery.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Nick

Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil