[Seaside] FileStream

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 09:16:09 UTC 2010

Alexandre, maybe you will receive more answers if you ask directly in the
pharo mailing list instead of seaside, since Files doesn't have anything to
do with seaside ;)

http://www.pharo-project.org/community

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM, alexandre bp <abalonpe at ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your help.
> The thing is that, when I  first got the exception, I deleted  the
> file manually in the Pharo folder so I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.
> Maybe that when I do: "aStream := FileStream newFileNamed:filename" Pharo
> looks everywhere in my computer than it might find a file named 'test'

No, that shouldn't happen. What if you do  FileDirectory defaul
newFileNamed: filename

does it work?

BTW..did you read Pharo by Example?  Because there is a whole chapter
explaining Streams and files....I am very bad with them, I always forget how
to do trivial things and I need to check there...

http://pharobyexample.org/

Cheers

Mariano

> or with a part of it named which is 'test'...but the file was created in
> the Pharo folder so I assume it must look only there to find a file, no?

yes