[Seaside] Pharo one-click and Magritte

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 12:10:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Jan van de Sandt <jvdsandt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You can load Magritte using Metacello. Evaluate the following statements in
> a workspace:
>
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>  package: 'ConfigurationOfMagritte2';
> load.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagritte2 ) project latestVersion) load
>
> The UI part of Magritte depends on Seaside so this will also load Seaside.
> This takes some time.

Are you sure??  I checked in the conf and only 'Magritte-Seaside'  seems to
depend on Seaside.
ANd that package is not loaded in the default.

So, if you use #load, it will load the Core, as it says the conf:

    spec
            group: 'default' with: #('Core');
            group: 'Core' with: #('Magritte-Model' );

So....Seaside should not be loaded.

Indeed, you can do a #record instead of a load and see what would be loaded.

Print for example this:

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagritte2 ) project latestVersion) record
loadDirective

Cheers

Mariano