[Seaside] Re: [Seaside-dev] multipart/related any experience?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 04:49:58 UTC 2010

2010/10/10 Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name>:
> At the moment I'm creating a rest interface to my application. Since now we are using multipart/form-data but for creating single resource I have the feeling it is less appropriate. Searching the web there is less to find about the application of multipart/related messages. And the request parsing I can find around seaside doesn't reflect this mime-type either.
>
> I didn't even find tools that are capable of sending requests with this mime-type. So has anyone of you experience in using/processing this?

Uhm, this is fairly uncommon. Shipping a full HTML document which
pictures and everything is about the only use case that comes to my
mind. What's your reasoning for choosing multipart/related over more
common ones (application/xml, application/json)? What is your
client(s) going to be?

Cheers
Philippe