[Seaside] Pharo 1.1.1 and Cog?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 13 11:44:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 12:09:03AM +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> >> Sure, the one-click images run on Cog.
> >>
> >> Lukas
> >
> > The one click is great for playing around, but how do I setup this up on a
> > headless server? ?What's the proper way to manually install binaries for
> > those of us accustomed to package manager?
>
> I am not really sure about that. Check the Cog distribution
> <http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM>.
>
> If you haven't saved the image with a Cog VM you can still use the
> image with an old VM too.

FYI, the traditional VM can now open images saved with a Cog VM.

  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2010-October/005610.html

This will be generally available in official VMs in the mid-December
time frame or earlier. You can build a VM now if you want to try it.
Testing would be welcome, as the feature has been only lightly tested
at this point.

Dave