[Seaside] Question about Section 12.2 of the Seaside book

Elliot Finley efinley.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 22:49:09 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've been going through the Seaside online book and so far everything has
been intuitive and straightforward.  At the very end of section 12.2
(Example: Embedding an Editor) there is a note that says:

Our simple implementation of IAddress>>editContact: will save changes even
when you press *cancel*. See Section
11.5<http://book.seaside.st/book/components/calling/answer> to
understand how you can change this.

In the context of section 11.5, ContactListView is 'call:'ing the editor and
testing the return value to decide whether or not to save the changes.  This
is very straightforward.

In the context of section 12.2, IAddress is embedding the editor and thus it
is not clear or intuitive where I would test the return value of the editor
to decide whether or not to save the changes.  I'm sure this is an easy
question for the season veterans, but I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks in advance for any help, pointers, etc...

Elliot

P.S. This is using the Seaside 3.0 One-click on a Macbook Pro (OS X 10.6.4).