[Seaside] JQuery autocomplete selection bug.

tmurray tmurray at ecsorl.com
Fri Oct 22 14:41:40 UTC 2010

Using the standard JQueryUI's autocomplete in Seaside 3.0 there is a bug.

When scrolling through selections in the menu and hitting the enter key to
select, it works.

However, when scrolling through and then using the mouse to select only the
search terms and not the completed word is returned.

For example, if I am searching for "seaside" and type "s" then scroll to "seaside
 and hit enter, the word "seaside" is available in the callback. However typing
in "s" then scrolling to "seaside" and clicking it with the mouse, only the
letter "s" is returned to the callback.

A description and solution (in javascript) is posted here:

http://old.nabble.com/-autocomplete--Incorrect-selection-on-mouse-click-in-
IE7%2B-td25819409s27240.html

I could not figure out a fix with the existing jqueryui min provided in seaside.