[Seaside] Strange delays

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Fri Oct 22 16:51:04 UTC 2010

Hi there,

check out this two samples (profiling trees) of the same action:

0 RFBServer>>start
  |0 RFBServer>>runLoop
  |  0 RFBSocket(Socket)>>waitForAcceptFor:
  |    0 RFBSocket(Socket)>>waitForConnectionFor:ifTimedOut:
  |      0 Semaphore>>waitTimeoutMSecs:
  |        4995 DelayWaitTimeout>>wait   <-------------------------- WTF?
0 WAProfilerFilter(WARequestFilter)>>handleFiltered:
  |0 AIRSession(FLSaaSUserSession)>>handleFiltered:

and

0 InputEventPollingFetcher(InputEventFetcher)>>installEventLoop
  |0 InputEventPollingFetcher(InputEventFetcher)>>eventLoop
  |  0 InputEventPollingFetcher>>waitForInput
0 WAProfilerFilter(WARequestFilter)>>handleFiltered:
  |0 AIRSession(FLSaaSUserSession)>>handleFiltered:

Strangely, it happens every time you click on a particular record of the application (and not in any other damn thing). The complete tree is huge but it's solved in less than ˜200ms. The thing that is making the experience to suck is that one I've pointed there.

Does this sounds familiar to any of you guys?
if yes, any clue is welcomed and if no, do you have a pointer about what to investigate?

sebastian