[Seaside] Re: Seaside : Confirmation email of an inscription

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Thu Oct 28 16:09:31 UTC 2010

On 28/10/10 11:44 AM, John McKeon wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Sothy Chau <cybranlord at gmail.com
> <mailto:cybranlord at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Once again I don't understand your solution.
>     I want just to know how to make this link.
>
> Something like this was discussed on this list not long ago
> http://forum.world.st/Sending-a-continuation-link-via-email-in-Seaside-3-0-tp2999639p2999639.html
> For sending the email look at
> http://forum.world.st/send-email-with-seaside-tp2998911p2998911.html
> Hope this helps
> John

In the final sample code for sending a continuation link, it has:

     'http://localhost:8080', url greaseString

Instead of adding 'http://localhost:8080' to the URL, the right way to
do it is to set the protocol/hostname/port for the application. You
could use the /config application provided by Seaside, or use code, to
set these values. Once this is done, the "url greaseString" will already
have the 'http://localhost:8080' portion of the URL.