[Seaside] Serving files with WAComancheAdapter

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 16:19:45 UTC 2010

2010/10/27 Tony Fleig <tony.fleig at gmail.com>:
> FWIW, as Johan pointed out, files can be served easily by creating a request
> handler of type File Directory from the config page. I didn't find this
> though, because the Seaside-FileSystem package is not included in
> the Seaside 3.0 One-Click Experience distribution. I evaluated
> Gofer new
>     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>     load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) load.
> and it magically appeared.
> Is there a reason why some packages are  not present in the One-Click
> Experience? Should I shun the One-Click Experience and do manual
> installations from now on?

There are three reasons. First is it's not ideal from a performance
point of view because it contains something like four wrapper layers.
Second it isn't used a lot. Third the licensing is LGPL whereas the
rest of One-Click it MIT.

We recommend experienced users, especially ones going into production,
to load only the parts the need.

Cheers
Philippe