[Seaside] abstract component with authentication check?

Ivo Roefs ivo.roefs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 07:09:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have an abstract class WAMyComponentWithAuthentication with dozens of
subclasses. A number of those subclasses are registered as an
application at a certain entry point.
Now I'd like to implement WAMyComponentWithAuthenticationin such a way
that it checks if the session is stil authenticated.
If not, I want to call:  aWAMyComponentLogon.

I used to do this via  #initialRequest:
self sessionAuthenticated ifFalse: [self session mainClass new call:
myLoginComponent].
But now after upgrading to 3.0 this no longer works. It was a hack anyway.

This seems so basic but I can't figure out how to do this.

Ivo Roefs