[Seaside] Serving files with WAComancheAdapter

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Fri Oct 29 08:50:39 UTC 2010

On 28 Oct 2010, at 18:19, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> There are three reasons. First is it's not ideal from a performance
> point of view because it contains something like four wrapper layers.
> Second it isn't used a lot. Third the licensing is LGPL whereas the
> rest of One-Click it MIT.

Maybe the second reason is because it's never mentioned? :-)
I always wonder why people seem to use the WAFilelibrary so often in Seaside development, while it's probably the most horrible experience to develop your js and css in Smalltalk strings.

IMO, the package has great value during development because it permits to serve external files via the in-image webserver. This means I can use decent text editors to edit javascript and css without having to install and maintain an external webserver (e.g. Apache) on my development machine. As for performance, I don't care about that during development.

Johan