[Seaside] abstract component with authentication check?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Fri Oct 29 13:31:27 UTC 2010

Hi Ivo,

I never did authentication thingies in Seaside2.8 but I have those running in Seaside3.0, so I can try to help.

What exactly is breaking in your current code? From what I get from your snippets, I have the impression such a scheme should work if it was working in 2.8.

Another way to do authentication, is by defining a task and implementing the flow such that a login component is shown first.

Btw, the seaside book has a section with an example on one way to do this: http://book.seaside.st/book/in-action/session/customize-session