[Seaside] Dynamic typing in smalltalk

andres andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar
Fri Oct 29 16:56:14 UTC 2010

Hi Alexandre,
			I guess you could try two approaches:

1. Just list the classes in a select, so that the first step is choosing
the entry. Once you have this you just create the appropriate class.

2. Decouple the type of the object from the object itself (check also
http://www.ksc.com/article3.htm). Thus PaperBibli would know an object
(lets say PaperType) whose subclasses would be Book, Article, etc. When
the user selects the type he wants you just set the object's type. The
type class is the one that holds the type-specific information.

HTH,
         Andrés