[Seaside] Re: Seaside prototyping fun at Startup Weekend in São Paulo

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Sat Oct 30 21:25:52 UTC 2010

On 30/10/10 10:42 AM, Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> We <http://flowingconcept.com> are going to Startup Weekend São Paulo
> <http://saopaulo.startupweekend.org/> (november 19) to have fun showing
> seaside <http://seaside.st> prototyping superpowers (I've wrote more
> about it here <http://bit.ly/cDCn6H>).

Have fun. I was at StartupWeekend Toronto in Sept. It was eye-opening
and fun - a mini-startup experience in one weekend.

However, if your intent is to showcase Seaside prototyping, that may be
somewhat at odds with the goals of a StartupWeekend. The technology is a
secondary issue. More important is the people on the team and the
startup idea. If you come with an idea, and form the nucleus of a team,
then Seaside could be your advantage. If you join another team, then you
have to go with the interests and skills of that team.

The organizer, who had been to many dozens of events around the world to
facilitate the event, sat with us for one of the dinners. He said that,
despite the different languages and cultures in the various cities, the
event played out pretty much the same way in each location. I hope to go
again the next time it's run here, and I'll try to bring a
Smalltalk/Seaside "posse" :)