[Seaside] abstract component with authentication check?

Ivo Roefs ivo.roefs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:44:03 UTC 2010

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your reply.

Now I realize that I want the authorization check everytime the
component is accessed (rendered).
I think this is not possible via #initialRequest nor by using WATask?

Would it be possible to write a custom WADelegation (or other
decoration) which does the actual authorization check?
If checkOK,  pass on to next,  if not render the delegate (login component).

I also encountered all kinds of "filter" methods in the code? I this
something I could use?

I indeed already use a customized session as is described in
"http://book.seaside.st/book/in-action/session/customize-session"

About the snippet:
(self session mainClass new) gives me an instance of WARenderLoopMain.
#call: was implemented on WARenderLoopMain in the previous versions, but
apparently has been removed in 3.0.
If I try to make a call in an other way, I get a message "You can only
#call: and #answer: from within a callback or a Task."

Ivo Roefs