[Seaside] Securing the site

Jan van de Sandt jvdsandt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 21:31:25 UTC 2010

Hello Mark,

You can disable the Configure and Halo functionality but I think it is
better to prepare a Smalltalk runtime image without these development
packages loaded. I did something similar for my ec2demo Seaside app. See
http://blog.doit.st/2010/09/08/creating-a-seaside-runtime-image-with-pharo/

<http://blog.doit.st/2010/09/08/creating-a-seaside-runtime-image-with-pharo/>
Jan.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Mark Carter <mcturra2000 at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> I'm new to Smalltalk and Seaside.
>
> I started Seaside 3.0 all-in-one for Windows. I started the adapter from
> the
> control panel and put it in deployment mode. However, if I point my browser
>    http://localhost:8080
> the menu strip down the bottom (the one with Configure and Halos on it) is
> still
> visible. What gives? That's worrying. Isn't that massively insecure? I've
> Googled around for deploying Seaside, but I can't seem to find a straight
> answer
> about what I'm supposed to do about it.

Jan van de Sandt
gsm: +31 (0)6 3039 5998