[Seaside] Scriptaculous and jQuery driving me mad

AxiNat tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:10:52 UTC 2010

Hi list!

I have a couple of questions I can't seem to find a solution to:

1) Is there an easy way to convert a Scriptaculous lightbox into a jQuery
one?

My lightbox calls look as follows:

self lightbox: myComponent.

But of course this re-renders the whole page...

2) Is there some kind of incompatibility between Scriptaculous and jQuery in
Seaside? Because when I started using jQuery, all Scriptaculous calls
stopped working in my app.

3) I find the way Scriptaculous works much more natural and Seaside-like,
whereas in jQuery I constantly feel like still coding a web application
instead of the usual Seaside sensation of not knowing whether you're writing
a web or desktop app. Is that what it should be like or it's just me doing
things wrong?

Thanks and see you tomorrow at Camp Smalltalk!

Bernat Romagosa.