[Seaside] Serve static files with WAKom (was: Bespin integration)

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:50:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

finally I've managed to serve static files without using an external web
server. Indeed I want to have a standalone application that's why I don't
want to use an external web server.

Here's how I did, It looks hacky so I'm looking for better code. It was
taken from
http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/GettingSoftware/index.html with
little modifications to make it works.

Object subclass: #SeaslidesServer

SeaslidesServer class
instanceVariableNames: 'adaptor'

SeaslidesServer class>>startSeaslides
  | ma seaside |

  "Kill all existing Kom HTTP servers"
  HttpService allInstancesDo: [:each | each stop. each unregister].

  adaptor := (WAKom startOn: 8080).

  ma := ModuleAssembly core.
  ma serverRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Bespin') fullName.
  ma alias: '/seaslides' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | self
processHttpRequest: request]].
  ma alias: '/files' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | self processHttpRequest:
request]].
  ma documentRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Bespin')
fullName.
  ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
  ma serveFiles.

  adaptor service plug: ma rootModule.

SeaslidesServer class>>processHttpRequest: aRequest
^ self adaptor process: aRequest

The directory Bespin is at the same level at the Seaside image. So I can
access http://localhost:8080/BespinEmbedded.js and all other ressources.

http://localhost:8080/seaslides is my application.
http://localhost:8080/files is needed for Seaside libraires.

Cheers,